Maryland Endocrine, PA is a single specialty group practice specializing in Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolic disorders in adults, with an office in Columbia, Maryland. The practice was started in 1982 in Laurel, and expanded to Columbia in 1985. Our group currently provides expert outpatient consultative services to adult patients from a wide geographic area. We limit the scope of our practice to endocrine disorders and ask all our patients to have a primary care physician to attend to their non-endocrine related health care needs.
All of our physicians are board certified in Adult Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolism. Our areas of expertise include:
- type 1 and type 2 diabetes;
- the metabolic/insulin resistance syndrome including polycystic ovarian disorder;
- thyroid conditions including underactive (hypothyroid) and overactive (hyperthyroid) thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules, goiter, and thyroid cancer;
- osteoporosis, vitamin D deficiency, Paget’s disease, and metabolic bone disease;
- unusual forms of high blood pressure;
- high and low calcium disorders as well as other blood salt disorders;
- high cholesterol, triglyceride and other lipid disorders;
- pituitary and adrenal gland disorders;
- the endocrine disorders of pregnancy, and more…
We provide ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodules, thyroid sonograms, and continuous glucose monitoring studies, and specialize in managing continuous glucose monitoring and insulin pumps. Our office performs a wide range of laboratory services in our CLIA certified diagnostic laboratory. We believe in taking full advantage of advances in technology to improve patient care. We have used a fully implemented electronic medical record and prescribing system since May 2004, enabling us to send our consultation notes to other physicians immediately, and minimize delays and mistakes with prescriptions.
At Maryland Endocrine, PA, we pride ourselves on providing comprehensive, compassionate, expert care for adult patients with diabetes, thyroid disorders and other endocrine disorders. All of our physicians live nearby and are active members of the community.